- Add meat and garlic paste, ginger paste, Shan Pilau Biryani Mix and water (Beef/Goat/Lamb 2 cups, Chicken 1 cup). Cover and cook on low heat until meat is tender (about 1 cup of stock should remain in the pot).
- Stir-in yogurt and keep aside.
- Separately: in 15 cups / 3 liters of boiling water, stir in 2 table spoons of Shan Salt and soaked rice. Boil rice until ¾ cooked. Remove and drain thoroughly.
- Spread half rice in a pot and pour meat curry over it. Top with remaining rice. Sprinkle food color if desired.
- Heat oil and fry onion until golden and pour evenly over rice. Cover and cook on low heat until rice is tender (5-10 minutes). Mix before serving.
Tips: Use long grain old basmati rice. Beginners must use Parboiled / ‘Sayla’ rice.
Meat: Use Breast and Shoulder cuts.
Write Your Own Review