Country Style Chicken Stew
750-800g whole chicken, cut into 8 pcs
220g carrots, cut into chunks
220g red onions, diced
220g tomatoes, cut into chunks
4 stalks of celery, cut into sections
2 potatoes, cut into chunks
2 tsp Italian mixed herbs
Some freshly ground sea salt and pepper
2 bay leaves
3 tbsp tomato sauce
2 tbsp red wine
250ml chicken stock
Some English parsley (for garnish)
1) Boil some water and cook tomatoes until they are softened. Drain and allow to cool before peeling off the skin of the tomatoes.
2) In another pan, melt 20g of butter and stir fry the chicken till they are lightly browned on both sides. Drain away the excess oils and set aside.
3) In a large pot, melt the balanced butter and stir fry the onions briefly. Add the carrots, tomatoes and celery. Stir fry briefly to mix well.
4) Add in chicken pieces, bay leaves and Italian mixed herbs before adding water and chicken stock.
5) Allow the stew to cook till it boils. Cover the pot and reduce to a low simmer and cook the stew for an hour.
6) Halfway through at the 30-min mark, add in the potatoes.
7) Lastly season with freshly grind sea salt and pepper, tomato sauce and red wine. Mix well and remove from flame. Garnish with some English parsley and serve hot immediately to enjoy!
Recipe & Images by @eatwhattonight (IG)